How to prepare for a registration advising appointment
Follow the steps below to prepare for a registration advising appointment:
- Review the degree map for the major you are currently pursuing.
- Review your unofficial transcripts in your Student Center (search in One.IU.edu).
- Review your advising notes in One.IU.edu.
- Make a list of five or six classes that you would like to take in the next semester; place them in your academic planner in iGPS, and map your schedule.
- Prioritize critical courses from your degree map, and include courses from your parallel plan.
- Learn more about application-based programs, including their process and requirements, if you are considering them. Links to application schools can be found with your degree map.
- Explore minors and certificates so you can talk with your student success advisor about how you might enhance your degree program and broaden your career options.