- Bachelor of Science in Public Health—Epidemiology is transitioning to a more generalized and flexible Bachelor of Science in Public Health.
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health—Community Health is expected to be suspended in summer 2023. No new students will be admitted to this major as of summer 2023.
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health—Global Health is expected to be suspended in summer 2023. No new students will be admitted to this major as of summer 2023.
What's staying the same:
- Admission requirements.
- Application process—students will continue to apply via FSPH admission application.
- Opportunity for students to complete an accelerated Master of Public Health (MPH).
- Opportunity for students to incorporate pre-professional coursework.
- Opportunities for students to earn FSPH minors to specialize further in their desired field of community health.
- Global Health Epidemiology Health Data Science.
- Health Administration.
- NOTE: Public health majors are not eligible for the public health minor.
- General electives increased.
- Greater flexibility for major changers and pre-professional students.
- Major-based course flexibility is increased.
- Opportunity for students to customize their degree or explore more facets of public health.
- Internship no longer required; instead, students will take a required, applied capstone course.
- Elective internship credit still available.
- Increased general education flexibility.
- Unrestricted List A analytical reasoning options (excluding Math for Teachers).
- Unrestricted life/physical science options.
- Unrestricted cultural understanding options.
- Unrestricted social science options.
- Unrestricted arts/humanities options.
Advising for the updated BSPH:
New students entering pre-major:
- Current IUPUI students interested in changing majors should be referred to FSPH advising to discuss major options and their most beneficial path forward.
- Students with last names beginning with A–L: Kayla Rinker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Students with last names beginning with M–Z: Christina Nelson (email@example.com).
Continuing pre-major students:
- Pre-Community Health
- Pre-Global Health
Continuing students in the above pre-majors are encouraged to meet with an FSPH advisor if they were unable to attend a group advising session in March 2023.
- Continuous full-time enrollment
- Declared or admitted health services management major
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Sophomore standing
The deadline to apply is November 12.