- M.S.Ed. in Higher Education and Student Affairs, Indiana University Bloomington
- B.A. in English with a Concentration in Writing and Literacy, IUPUI
- How long in ACD: Since May 2019
- What do you like about the work you do: I enjoy helping students explore the major and career opportunities they have to help them determine and fulfill their personal and academic goals.
- Past jobs/experiences:
- Coordinator for training and professional development, IUPUI
- Student life intern, Ivy Tech Community College
- Student office assistant, IUPUI Campus Career and Advising Services
- Reading and writing tutor, IUPUI School of Education
- Teacher’s assistant, IUPUI Center for Young Children
- Advice to students: It’s okay to not know what you want to major in! College is a great time to explore interests, strengths, and weaknesses through coursework and engaged learning opportunities. I always highly recommend getting involved in some sort of engaged learning experience, whether that’s an internship, on-campus or off-campus employment, service learning, volunteering, etc.
- If you could be any major in your cluster, what would it be and why? Exercise science because a lot of the coursework for exercise science sounds interesting, and I enjoy learning about how the body works through activity.
- Biography: I am originally from a small town called Liberty, Indiana, but I moved to Indianapolis in 2016 for my undergraduate career at IUPUI and have lived here since then with my husband, Matt, and my dog, Willis. I am currently a graduate student at IU Bloomington. In my free time, I enjoy exercising, hiking, traveling, and trying new restaurants around Indy.
To schedule an advising appointment, go online. All of our advising appointments are held in Taylor Hall (UC), third floor. Online appointments can be accommodated. Please contact our office at (317) 274-4856 for more details.